Please do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP Practice if you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature. Anyone who lives alone is advised to stay home for 7 days or if you live with other people, they should stay home for at least 14 days to avoid spreading the infection outside the home. If anyone else in your home gets symptoms they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start. Even if it means they're at home for longer than 14 days.

If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do. Click here to use the NHS 111 Service.

  • Only call 111 direct if you cannot go online, or are advised to do so by the online service.
  • For the latest Covid-19 advice, please visit

Alternatively, you can make use of the e-Consult service here on our website.

If you require test results or prescription queries, please call the surgery between 2-3pm when our receptionists will have more time to attend to your query.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this period.

The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.

NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.

For more information from the NHS please click here.

For further information from on the latest situation, click here.

Please see attached here for Advice for Parents.

Use this service if:

  • you think you might have coronavirus
  • in the last 14 days you've been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus – see coronavirus advice for travellers and a list of high risk countries on
  • you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus


Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people. Call 111 if you need to speak to someone.


Coronavirus and Requests for Doctor's Notes

For any period of illness less than seven days, you are able to complete a self-certification certificate and provide this to your employer. A SC2 form can be downloaded from the internet. In the unlikely event that your employer does not accept a self-certification then your doctor may be able to issue a private sick note for which you may be charged.  Click here to visit where you can download the form from.

Employers are expected to be sympathetic during the current situation, therefore if you are required to self-isolate for 14 days and to understand that the reason for this is to protect the welfare of your work colleagues and the wider community. You can now go online using this link in order to obtain an isolation note from the NHS 111 website.

ACAS have also published guidance for employees and employers which can be referred to using the link- click here.